A Home Care Package for your care
A government-subsidised Home Care Package provides you with all the support and services you need – domestic assistance, personal care, nutritional assistance, transport and shopping help, allied health services, care related equipment and care related home modifications can all be funded under a Home Care Package.
A Home Care Package – we can help you get one
If you have already been assessed for a Home Care Package – we can help you with a wonderful, personalised Home Care Package service.
If you have not applied for a Commonwealth Home Care Package yet, and you would like to – we can help. It’s easy! Please call us any time on: (03) 9005 1159 Or: send us a query using the contact us form on the right hand side of this page.
Already have a Home Care Package but want a better Provider?
Call us on (03) 9005 1159
Your Home Care Package is transferable. If you have a Home Care Package service through another Provider, but you would like a better quality of service and better value – please talk with us now. At Home Care Assistance South East Melbourne we meet many Clients of other Home Care services who are unhappy with the quality of care, or the amount of care they can receive. We can offer you something much better:
- No hidden charges! Lower fees! More hours of excellent home care! Better value from your Home Care Package. We meet people who have lost as much as 25%, 30%, even 35% of their Home Care Package in “Admin” and “Case Management” fees levied by other Home Care Providers.
- We will offer you a much better deal. The result? More hours of the Home Care services you really need; more value from your Home Care budget.
- Friendly, regular and open communication. We offer a personalised service, regular contact and detailed monthly Statements of your Home Care Package service.
- Outstanding quality of Care and consistency. An individual Care Plan negotiated with you and regularly reviewed. A Caregiver you will like. Schedules you will know in advance.
You can transfer your Home Care Package to us, for better quality and more hours of Home Care per week. Please call us any time on: (03) 9005 1159 or contact us using the Contact us Form.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get services under a home care package?
If you need a coordinated package of care and services to help you live independently in your own home. You may be eligible for a government funded home care package.
- You can arrange an assessment of your needs in your home by an ACAS member by contacting My Aged Care on 1800 200 422
- Receive the outcome of your assessment- then you will receive confirmation of your eligibility to receive a home care package
- Research home care providers and work out costs- and start making enquiries about different providers, services you like and how much it will cost
- Be assigned a home care package- you will receive a letter that you have been assigned a home care package and a unique referral code
- Enter into a home care agreement- Once you receive the letter, you have 56 days to find a provider like Home Care Assistance South East Melbourne, develop a care plan and sign a home care agreement
- Manage services – We have years of experience in providing services, so we can work with you to understand your options and help you get the most out of your package. Call us on 03 9005 1159 (Home Care Assistance South East Melbourne). We’ll guide you through the process and help you access the home services you need.
What is a home care package and what are the 4 levels of packages available to clients?
A home care package is a coordinated package of care and services which help you live independently in your own home. There are four levels of home care packages to help meet the different levels of care needs.
A level 1 home care package provides basic care needs, a level 2 home care package provides low level care needs, a level 3 home care package provides intermediate care needs and a level 4 home care package provides high level care needs.
It is expected that more people will be assessed as eligible for a lower level package, with a smaller number being assessed as needing higher level packages.